Ingredients for the Bolo De L’Aranga Recipe
- 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml oil
- 250 g sugar
- The zest of 1 orange
- 200 ml orange juice (Freshly squeezed)
For the orange sauce
- 200 ml fresh orange juice (Freshly squeezed)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
Bolo De L’Aranga How To Make?
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Beat eggs, sunflower oil and sugar with a mixer until a soft mixture and add orange juice and mix.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix a little at low speed with the mixer. Pour the mixture you prepared into the greased cake mold and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry when inserted.
- If the top of your cake starts to brown quickly, you can cover it loosely with baking paper or place a tray on it.
- While the cake is baking, for the orange sauce, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour and orange juice, then add a small Take a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. When it thickens and becomes transparent, take it off the heat and add the orange zest.
- Leave the baked cake to cool in the mold for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cake from the mold and place it on a grill with a plate underneath.
- Pull holes on the cooled cake with a toothpick and pour the sauce you have prepared. Serve sprinkled with orange segments, almonds and powdered sugar, if desired.