Ingredients for Pomegranate Sour Recipe
- 1 kilo of sour pomegranate
- 2 teaspoons of salt
How to Make Pomegranate Sour?
- First of all, divide the pomegranates that you will use in the recipe into two or three parts.
- Put the pomegranates in a large bowl and let the pomegranates fall by hitting their skins with a spoon.
- If there are peels or dice on the pomegranates, remove them as well.
- Press on the pomegranates with a clean unused boot. In this way, you can extract the juice.
- The other method you can use to extract the juice from the pomegranates is to use a food processor.
- After straining the pomegranate juice, put it in a large saucepan. Boil the pomegranates in the pot for about 3-4 hours.
- Make sure to remove the foams that form on the pomegranate juice while cooking it.
- When the pomegranate juice starts to boil, it means the pomegranate syrup is ready. Before you take the pomegranate juice from the stove, add salt and mix it.
- After turning off the stove, let the pomegranate syrup rest at room temperature until it cools down.
- You can fill the cooled pomegranate juice into bottles.
- You can use pomegranate syrup in salads or in different recipes such as chicken drumsticks with pomegranate syrup. Enjoy. For 1 liter of pomegranate syrup, 15 kilograms of peeled pomegranate is used.
- Sour pomegranate must be used in making pomegranate syrup. Before starting the recipe, pomegranate seeds can be tasted.
- Pomegranate seeds should be well sorted. Since the white parts will give a bitter taste to the pomegranate syrup, they should be separated before boiling.
- Because the pomegranate juice is acidic, it is recommended to cook it in a steel pot. Aluminum and iron containers can spoil its taste.
- Don’t forget to add salt at the last stage of pomegranate syrup. Salt stops the fermentation of pomegranate syrup. If no salt is added, the pomegranate syrup will continue to ferment and turn into wine.
- When the pomegranate syrup reaches the consistency of molasses, it should be removed from the stove.
How Many Calories in 1 Portion of Pomegranate Sour ?
- 100 grams of pomegranate syrup is about 80 calories.