Skip to content
Ingredients for the Russian Salad Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 glass of peas (use frozen or canned) )
- 6 – 7 gherkin pickles
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
How to Make Russian Salad?
- First, peel the skins off the vegetables and cut them into small cubes.
- Start boiling the potatoes first, as they will cook late. If you want, you can boil the potatoes with their skins and then peel and chop them.
- Boil the peas and carrots as well. Drain the boiled vegetables and let them cool.
- Put all the vegetables in a bowl. Add pickled gherkins cut into small cubes and mix the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and pepper well. We make our salad ready by adding this mixture to the vegetables.
- You can serve the Russian salad, which is especially included in the daily conversations, with olive oil stuffed leaves or cheese pastry. Bon appetit.
What are the Tips for Real Russian Salad?
- If you boil the vegetables in separate pots, you can adjust their cooking degrees better.
- Carrot is one of the vegetables that cook in the shortest time. Therefore, start boiling the potatoes after the potatoes.
- For those who do not like to measure, you can also prepare it as a bowl from all the ingredients.
- If you wish, you can add olives, salami and sausage slices to the salad.
- You can keep the Russian salad covered in the refrigerator.
- For the Russian pasta with pasta, you can mix the ingredients with boiled bead pasta.