Sage, which is frequently on the shelves of herbal teas, is very rich in vitamins A, B, C and K. Its nutritional value is also satisfactory. Containing calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium, sage can meet a person’s daily mineral needs. Sage, which has a sweet and soft flavor, has been consumed for years in the field of alternative medicine to cure many ailments. In this article we have prepared about the benefits of sage, which is still important today, you can find natural solutions to many of your ailments. After reading this article, you can have healing information about the benefits of sage in the stomach, the benefits of sage soap, the benefits of sage on the gums and the benefits of sage on the face. Our article is with you to make room for sage in your home.
Sage, (Salvia officinalis), also called common sage or garden sage, aromatic herb of the mint family cultivated for its pungent edible leaves. Sage is native to the Mediterranean region and is used fresh or dried as a flavouring in many foods, particularly in stuffings for poultry and pork and in sausages. Some varieties are also grown as ornamentals for their attractive leaves and flowers. Several other species of the genus Salvia are also known as sage.
Sage is a perennial plant that grows about 60 cm tall. The oval leaves are rough or wrinkled and usually downy; the colour ranges from gray-green to whitish green, and some varieties are variegated. The flowers are borne in spikes and feature tubular two-lipped corollas that are attractive to a variety of pollinators, including bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. The flowers can be purple, pink, white, or red and produce nutlet fruits. Britannica QuizPlants: From Cute to Carnivorous. The essential oil content of sage varies up to about 2.5 percent; the principal components are thujone and borneol.
Sage has slightly stimulating properties; tea brewed from its leaves has been used as a tonic for centuries. In medieval Europe, sage was thought to strengthen the memory and promote wisdom.
Benefits of Sage
Sage is an herb that has been studied by many experts. Its history can be traced back to Ancient Greece. During this period, it was used to preserve the freshness of meat.
- Gargling with sage before going to sleep, states that you can prevent throat infections with this method. He states that those who want to take a precaution against the flu should make a sage mouthwash.
- He says that a cup of sage will make you feel better in cases of tonsillitis, diarrhea, bad breath, gingivitis and stressful days.
- While describing the effects of sage, İbrahim Saraçoğlu also tells that it was planted around vegetable and fruit gardens in ancient times. The purpose of this is to prevent insects from coming in. In other words, sage is a bacteria and germ repellent herb.
- He also informs his clients that sage is a natural antibacterial and antiviral.
- He recommends drinking sage and gargling with sage to heal wounds in the mouth. To see the benefits of sage on the gums and its effect on oral infections; You can consume sage.
- Also, sage will destroy bacteria that cause fungus. By consuming sage in fungal problems, you can purify your body. This will prevent the spread of the fungus.
Sage has a different meaning for every civilization. It was accepted as the medicine of immortality for the Arabs, and as a plant that protects from magic and evil for the 14th century Europe.
- It indicates that the herbal tea you will make with one dry sage leaf will be very effective for you. The benefits of sage to the stomach and its effect on the upper respiratory tract have made many people happy for years.
- The benefits of sage are also noted during pregnancy. Regularly drinking sage will ease reproductive problems in women. With its hormonal regulating effect, it will make women who want to be mothers smile.
- At the same time, it is known that people who drink sage can see brightness and vitality in their skin.
- It is effective in removing harmful toxins from the body. Thus, you can easily eliminate unwanted conditions such as edema, indigestion and bacteria.
- If you want your memory to be strong, you should not neglect sage consumption. Because sage is an herb that stimulates the memory and keeps it vigorous.
What Are the Benefits of Sage for Women?
Women benefit from herbal medicines and herbal treatment methods in many areas. Sage is recommended for women who apply to many plants for skin care and weight loss. Here are the benefits of sage for women:
- Sage is effective for women who experience menstrual irregularity. Regularly consumed sage regulates menstrual periods. In addition, it removes the inflammations in the uterus and eliminates the pain and pain.
- Estrogen-containing sage is recommended for all women who want to become mothers. Drinking sage with doctor control will enable you to become a mother unless there is a medical problem.
- You can consume sage to relieve the complaints that occur during menopause. It is possible to eliminate side effects such as emotional transitions and sweating with a cup of sage.
- Due to its soothing effect on the stomach and intestines, it is the companion of women who are on a diet. Its share in the acceleration of fat burning by eliminating edema is very large.
- Because it contains estrogen, it works the hormones that increase the breast.
- Sage will give very healthy results in urinary tract infections, which are generally seen in women. It is very effective in cleaning the parasites in the urinary tract.
- The solution to the cellulite problem that women frequently complain about is sage. By consuming sage, you can minimize the problem of cellulite.
What are the Benefits of Sage for Hair?
The benefits of sage are endless! Sage, which is effective in all kinds of problems, is now here to add healing to your hair. Here are the effects on your hair:
- It refreshes the hair of women and men suffering from dandruff, and eliminates the problems that occur on the scalp. For this reason, you can use soaps made with sage. Sage soap benefits will refresh your hair.
- It protects the health of hair cells and prevents your hair from falling out. It strengthens and repairs hair strands.
- If your hair has a dry and fine structure, it adds volume to your hair.
What Are the Benefits of Sage Oil?
- Sage essential oil is very popular in the field of aromatherapy. Sage oil added to bath water eliminates menstrual pain. It is almost a savior in cases such as pain and contraction.
- In particular, it ensures a healthier secretion of female hormones.
- Sage oil, which is effective in situations such as stress and anxiety, relieves the person from stress by relaxing. In tense processes such as depression, sage oil can be healing.
- Sage oil also fights sleep problem. People who do not get enough sleep during the day experience pain and stress. At this point, sage oil will support you. You should benefit from sage oil for healthier sleep and pleasant days.
- By using sage oil, you can see the effects of sage on the face benefits. As it is an antiseptic, it is possible to heal acne and wounds on your skin in a short time. It is also effective in conditions such as irritation and redness.
- You can increase your body performance with sage oil, which relaxes and accelerates blood circulation.
- Sage oil is recommended for people with high cholesterol. It draws attention with its cholesterol-lowering effect.
- Sage oil, which has cell regenerative properties; You can easily use it for your skin problems. It prevents the spread of infection on your skin and allows that infection to heal quickly.
- You can alleviate your muscle and bone pains after sports or active days with sage oil. It will relieve your pain as well as make you sleep more comfortably.
What Are the Benefits of Sage Incense?
Sage leaf benefits are used as incense to benefit your health. When we say tea, oil and soap, we investigated the effects of sage incense for incense enthusiasts. Sage incense has been used for centuries. The benefits of this incense, which is formed by burning sage and spreading the resulting smoke around the house, are as follows:
- It is believed to destroy negative energy.
- It is frequently used because it protects the household from the evil eye and evil.
- The aromatic scent from incense is also known to relieve stress.
- It is recommended that people with distraction use sage incense. It helps you to think and feel more comfortably by destroying the negative emotions in the mind.
- You can also freshen the dusty air that occurs in dusty rooms with sage incense.