We spend thousands of lira each year on clothes shopping, regardless of whether they are men or women. In particular, we can see that the clothes that are fashionable one year are defined as outdated next year. This leads to the idea that we are wasting our money. So, what should we pay attention to in order not to regret the money we spent in the following years? Here are the fashion trends you should never spend money on!
It’s better to buy a gorgeous-looking, expensive ‘evening dress’ for your wedding, engagement or graduation. there is nothing bad. Because evening dresses are not worn more than once. This means that all the money you give is waiting in the closet. For special occasions, you should buy more affordable parts that you can play with. In this way, you can change the form of that piece and have the chance to wear it more than once.
Don’t be fooled by cheap products
One of the biggest mistakes made while shopping is the mistake made when trying to create a core wardrobe. shopping comes. Although buying 5 different colors of a t-shirt because it’s affordable or buying many types of jeans might make you think, “I bought a lot of items for cheap,” it’s not like that in the long run. These products, which are sold at very low prices in stores, are called ‘fast fashion’.
Fashion designers say that these clothes are produced in undeveloped countries where workers are paid unfairly, have a very short lifespan, do not contribute to sustainability because they are garbage quickly, and have negative effects on the environment.
Say goodbye to neons
Neon pieces are definitely one of the fashion trends that are out of fashion and disappearing fast. You may love neon colors and pieces, but you should remember that the trend fades very quickly and you cannot wear these pieces for a long time. How many times have you seen neon outfits in the office or in the market? Probably never or a few times. Don’t you think it’s unnecessary to spend money on something you can’t wear to the fullest?
Patterns go out of fashion quickly
Every year we see new patterns, and the next year those patterns will become obsolete. We witness that. But there is a pattern that never gets old, that doesn’t seem outdated whenever you wear it; flowers! If you pay attention, it is possible to see a few pieces of flower patterns in different forms in the collections of many of the brands every year. If you are going to invest in a pattern, you can add a few pieces of floral patterns to your closet.
These bags, which look very cute in the photos, only serve the image, they never meet the need. Well, why would you spend so much money on a bag that you can’t even put your wallet in?
Stay away from fur
Fur is one of the most controversial issues of the last 10 years. First of all, we are strongly against killing a living thing just to make another living thing look stylish. That’s why we recommend that you stop buying fur in order not to activate the fur industry and to prevent more creatures from getting hurt. Of course, this is the most important and valid reason to stay away from fur.
Another thing is that they are too expensive. Furs are definitely not animal friendly, and besides, they are not pocket friendly. If you like the look of fur, you can choose the imitation ones, which are designed very stylishly.
When shopping for clothes
When shopping for clothes, there are several things you can pay attention to in order to make more ethical and sustainable choices. Here are a few suggestions:
- Look for natural and sustainable materials: Opt for clothes made from natural fibers like cotton, linen, hemp, or bamboo. These materials are biodegradable and have a lower environmental impact than synthetic fabrics. Also, consider looking for clothes made from sustainable materials like Tencel, recycled polyester, or organic cotton.
- Check for fair labor practices: Look for brands that are transparent about their supply chain and manufacturing practices. Make sure that the workers who made your clothes were paid fairly and worked in safe conditions.
- Avoid fast fashion: Fast fashion refers to clothing that is produced quickly and cheaply in order to meet the latest trends. These clothes are often made from low-quality materials and may contribute to environmental problems like pollution and waste. Instead, consider investing in high-quality clothes that will last longer and are made from sustainable materials.
- Avoid animal products: If you’re concerned about animal welfare, you may want to avoid clothes made from animal products like leather, wool, or silk. In particular, fur is a controversial material that involves the killing of animals for their pelts. Instead, consider choosing clothes made from synthetic or plant-based materials.
- Consider the environmental impact of shipping: When buying clothes online, consider the environmental impact of shipping. Look for brands that use eco-friendly packaging and try to consolidate your orders to reduce the number of packages being shipped.
By paying attention to these factors, you can make more ethical and sustainable choices when shopping for clothes.